Curating in a field, Sinne Gallery, Helsinki, April 2023
Relax to win lecture at the Academy of Fine Arts, Uniarts, Helsinki, April 2023
Konstfack Common Seminar: Reframing the Encounter, discussion between artists Freddy Tsimba and Cecilia Järdemar and curator Jonatan Habib Engqvist around the ongoing transnational and interdisciplinary artistic research project Reframing the Encounter, funded by Vetenskapsrådet, Konstfack, Stockholm, Sweden, March 2023.
Kokboken som litteratur, Po Tidholm, Helena Fagertun, Johannes Samuelson, Jonatan Habib Engqvist, Littfest, Umeå, Sweden, March 2023.
Stiller Aktivismus/ Silent Activism. Basak Senova in conversation with Jonatan Habib Engqvist, Apolonija Sustersic and Barbara Holub, Galerie Marenzi, Leibnitz, Austria, February 2023
Diaries, Notes and Sketches pt 2 – Critique, contemplation and editorial outlooks, with Isabella Tjäder, Jonatan Habib Engqvist, Amin Zouiten + Aron Skoog, Frida Sandström, Index Contemporary Art Foundation, Stockholm, January 2023
- Artist talk with Debora Elgholm, Royal Academy of Fine Arts, Stockholm, November 2022
- Conversation with Sinziana Ravini and Elin Hernlund, Färgfabriken, Stockholm, October 2022
- Ord&Bild on documenta 15, Conversation with Ulrika Stahre and Hans Carlsson moderated by Ann Ighe, Index, Stockholm, October 2022
- Panel discussion about publishing as repair with Maryam Fanni, Sezgin Boynik/Rab-Rab Press, Milena Khomchenko and Hiuwai Chu organised by L'Internationale Confederation, Gothenbug City Library, October 2022
- Conversation with Lundahl & Seitl as part of Temple of Alternative Histories at Staatstheater Kassel in conjunction to Documenta 15 preview days, Kassel, June 2022.
- Performative conversation with Alex Wieber and Aino Ihanainen in collaboration with Cirkus Cirkör and Weibel Weibel Co as part of Temple of Alternative Histories at Staatstheater Kassel in conjunction to Documenta 15 preview days, Kassel, June 2022.
- Conversation with Egill Sæbjörnsson and Hrafnhildur Arnardóttir a.k.a. Shoplifter, Market Artfair Stockholm, April 2022
- Publicness today and tomorrow, presentation and panel dicussion with Corina Oprea, Nkule Mabaso,Ilmira Bolotyan, Signe Johanessen, Göteborgs konsthall, arranged by Göteborgs konsthall and HDK Valand, April 2022
- Ett par dagar i Moskva, Litteraturhuset, Gothenburg, March 2022
- Contemporary hospitality contexts, presentation and paneldiscussion with Sylive Fortin, Taru Elfving and Ki Nurmenniemi, moderated by Maria Lind, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia, November 2021
- In the Future Everyone Will be Anonymous for Fifteen Minutes, 14 Biennial de la Habana (online. with anonymous), November 2021
- [TOTlive] Jonatan Habib Engqvist 큐레이터 편, TOT Live Cross Curatorial (presentation of New Småland), TOT tv, Total Museum of Contemporary Art, Seoul, Korea [TOT live] November 2021
- Listamannaspjall. Artist talks with Bjargey Ólafsdóttir, Tumi Magnusson, Petúr Magnusson and Kristján Steingrimmur, Listasafn Árnesinga, Hveragerði, February 2021
- Mahjouba Thinktank, Vandalorum / Linneaus Universisty (online), February 2021
- Fenduq, Octopus Program, Vienna / Tunis (online), February 2021
- Kunstkritikk Live – 10-talet. Panel with Jonatan Habib Engqvist, Mathias Danbolt, Rhea Dall, Tommy Olsson and Sinziana Ravini, December 2020
- Where do we go from here? Dismantling Colonial Stuctures in the Nordic Art World. Panel with Jeanette Ehlers, Gitte
Ørskou, Ben Loveless, Ulrika Flink, Jonatan Habib Engqvist, Gallery Weekend Stockholm, November 2020
- Måleriska tankar och måleriskt tänkande, Nässjö konsthall, October 2020
- Artist talk with Fiktret Atay, Iaspis, September 2020
- Artist talk with Sonja Larsson, Cecilia Hillström Gallery, Stockholm, September 2020
- The last pop dance before darkness, screening and conversation with Amina Zoubir, The Nordic Art Association, Nytorget, Stockholm, September 2020
- Himlen är blå och solen är en klocka, conversation with Filippa Arrias, Jonatan Habib Engqvist and Pauliina Turakka Purhonen moderated by Daniel Werkmaster, Uppsala Art Musuem, August 2020
- Symphony for a missing room, conversation with Lundahl & Seitl (online), Uppsala Art Musuem, June 2020
- Art Agenencies, Decolonizing Architecture, The Royal Institute, KKH, Stockholm, Sweden, February 2020
- New Small Lands, Master of Artistic Research, Royal Academy of Art, KABK, The Hague, Netherlands, February 2020
- Lazy ghosts, Introductory lecture and talks at AADK Spain, Centro Negra, Blanca, Murcia, Spain, December 2019
- Post work, Introductory lecture followed by a talk with Almira Ousmanova moderated by Aleksei Borisionok, The Congress-performance of cultural workers, Minsk, Belarus, November 2019
- Minnen av Migration – Superflex och Juan Pedro Farba Guemberena, Österängens konsthall, Jönköping, Sweden, June 2019
- Panelist and moderator in conversation with a.o. Adel Abidin, Nisrine Boukhari, Ramesh Daha, Jonatan Habib Engqvist, Basak Senova in conjunction to Climbing Through the Tide, Kamel Lazaar foundation (KLF) in Bhar Lazreg, B7L9, Tunis, Tunisia, June 2019
- I bäver och cylinderhatt – Åsa Jungnelius, Jonatan Habib Engqvist, Filippa Nilsson Kallhed, Badhotellet, Tranås, Sweden, May 2019
- Konstkritik på landsbygden, Röda Sten Konsthall, April 2019
- On Extraction and Indigenuity. Panel discussion with Säsäk Nichim Martinez Margarita, Marja Helander, Jonatan Habib Engqvist, Garbriel Mestre Arrioja. Moderated by Jacek Sosnowski. Museuo de Geología, UNAM, Mexico City, February 2019.
- Presentation of the report Art's Agencies by Jonatan Habib Engqvist, presentation of the Norwegian Curator Association's report by Natalie Hope O'Donnel and Silja Leifsdottir followed by discussion between Marianne Hultman, Jonatan Habib Engqvist and Leif Magne Tangen, October 2018.
- Carte Blanche – film screening of Claire Denis film L’Intrus and conversation between Jonatan Habib Engqvist and Jean-Luc Nancy, September 2018.
- Curatorial method, lectures and talks at the Curatorial MA program, Stockholm University, Autumn 2018
- Art´s Agencies – presentation of draft of commissioned report by Jonatan Habib Engqvist and Nina Möntmann at the two-day seminar The Agency of Art, organised by the Nordic network of Kunsthalles, formed by the networks, Forening af Kunsthaller i Danmark, Klister, Sweden and Kunsthallerne i Norge, Office for Contemporary Art (OCA), Oslo, March 2018..
- What do curators do? Conversation with Jonatan Habib Engqvist and Clare Butcher, Quartair Contemporary Art Initiatives, The Hauge, February 2018.
- Así como el dinero es papel, una galería es una habitación, public talk, Casa Bosques, Mexico City, February, 2018.
- Passivitet och samtidskonst, public talk with Jonatan Habib Engqvist and Lars-Erik Hjerström Lappalainen, BRA 10, Konstepedimin, Gothenburg, January 2018
- The Reign of the Cats, public talk in conjunction to the opening of CrossSections – Potentials, Kunsthalle Exnergasse, Vienna, January 2018.
- Painting´s thought, lecture in conjunction to Conversations in Light and Dark, Exhibition Laboratory, KUVA, Helsinki, November 2017.
- Conversation, Jonatan Habib Engqvist and Sigrid Sandström, Luleå Konsthall, Luleå, October 2017.
- Nya Småland – Public talk at Samtidskonstdagarna, Kalmar Konstmuseum, September 2017
- Curating a Landscape? Public lecture followed by a panel titled Unity with Jonatan Habib Engqvist, Carles Guerra and Azadeh Fatehrad, RCA Fine Arts Talks, Royal Collage of Art, Gorvy Lecture Theatre, Battersea, London, April 2017
- Curating Landscapes? Public lecture at Va Independent Space for Contemporary Art, Esfahan, Iran, January 2017
- Conversation with Erla S Haraldsdottir and Jonatan Habib Engqvist, Hallgrimskirkja, Reykjavík, Iceland, September 2016
- Nordic Delights. Convesation with Behzad Farazollahi, Henrik Lund Jørgensen, Jane Jin Kaisen, Bella Rune and Jonatan Habib Engqvist. Oslo Kunstförening, Oslo, June 2016.
- Kanske behöver vi tänka ut konceptuella lösningar till praktiska problem? (perhaps we need conceptual solutions to practical problems) lecture at Skånes konstförening, Malmö, Feb. 2016
- Performing Work, A quasi-conversation on labor, performance, dematerialization and incorporation with Jonatan Habib Engqvist and contributions by Nina Möntmann. In conjunction to seminar Sea, Body, Infrastructure, Image, organised by Suza Husse and Hulda Rós Gudnadottír in collaboration with District (Berlin). Participants: Bryndís Björnsdóttir, Tejal Shah, Jonatan Habib Engqvist, Emma Haugh, Anne Hofmann, Søren Kjørup, Dafna Maimon, outside the box – Magazin für feministische Gesellschaftskritik, Nine Eglantine Yamamoto-Masson, Kunstkraftwerk, Leipzig, Jan 2015
- Public presentations and conversations in conjunction to Trading Zones - knowledge-oriented art initiatives in Africa and Europe, 5 days on knowledge oriented art practices at Le 18, Marrakech and Dar al-Ma’amûn. Initiated by curator Berit Schuck with the complicity of Le 18. participants included: Bonaventure Soh Bejeng Ndikung, Laila Hida, Jonatan Habib Engqvist, Hicham Khalidi, Imane Ibrahim, Dina Makram-Ebeid, Jasmina Metwaly & Philip Rizk, Francesca Masoero, Nina Möntmann, Bouchra Ouizguen, Lorenzo Sandoval, Tobias Zielony, November 2015
- Att se träden för all skog (seeing the trees for the forest) lecture on conceptual painting in conjunction to Erla S Haraldsdottir´s exhibition Make a Painting of Trees Growing in Forest, Kalmar Konstmuseum/Ölands Folkhögskola, Kalmar, October 2015
- Moss/Mardin – Desiphering peripheral biennial practices, Birta Gudjonsdottir, Jonatan Habib Engqvist and Mardin Biennial curators Ferhat Ozgur, Fırat Arapoglu. Moderated by IKSV Biennial director Bige Örer, Ceyazir, Istanbul, October 2015
- Translating Landscapes and Encounters, public discussion with Ari Allansson, Jonatan Habib Engqvist My Lindh, Linus Lohmann, Litten Nystrøm, Stéphanie Solinas and Malin Pettersson Öberg, Iaspis, Stockholm
- Free Radicals, conversation with Jonatan Habib Engqvist, Tobias Sjöberg and Gunnar Olsson Färgfabriken, Stockholm, May, 2015
- Eating Space, The Royal Institute of Fine Art, Stockholm, April 2015.
- I would rather not talk about political art, presentation within Ambiguities and Dogmas of the Real, organised by CBEES, Södertörn Universty, March 2015
- Original Copies, KUVA academy of fine art, Helsinki, December 2014
- Passivity and Contemporary Art, presentation and discussion with Jonatan Habib Engqvist and Lars-Erik Hjertstöm Lappalainen, Minibar Artspace, Stockholm, September 2014
- The Rise and Fall of Art Biennals, presentation and panel with Solvita Krese, Ekaterina Degot, Marieke Van Hal, Jonatan Habib Engqvist, Power Ekroth, Aigars Bikše, Virginija Januškevičiūtė, Ann Lislegaard and Inga Lāce. Organised by the Latvian Center for Contemporary Art, LCCA, Riga Art Space, Riga, April 2014
- Wednesday lectures: Ann Lislegaard & Jonatan Habib Engqvist, KUVA Galleria, Helsinki, Finland, April 2014
- North of Eden, two day workshop and think-tank at Dox Centre for Contemporary Art, Prague, Czech Republic, November 2013
- A History of Nordic Moving Images, and Things II. The Nordic Thing, Reykjavík Art Museum, Reykjavík, October 2013
- History – do we need it? Panel on Nordic video art, locality and authorship organised by Birta Gudjonsdottír with Margrét Elísabeth Ólofsdóttír, Jakob Lillemose, Hlynnur Hallsson, Jonatan Habib Engqvist, Dodda Maggý in conjunction to the first exhibition on Icelandic video art, Reykjavík Art Museum, Reykjavík, October 2013.
- A History of Nordic Moving Images, and Things, lecture, Tisch school of Design, New York University, New York, April 2013
- Nordic Outbreak Symposium organised by Tanya Toft, Associate Curator at the Streaming Museum. Panel discussion including Daniela Arriado, Jonatan Habib Engqvist, Minna Tarkka, Jacob Lillemose, The Scandinavia House, New York, April 2013
- Moderator, Vad gör teoretikerna med praktiken och praktiken med teorierna? (What do the theorists do with practice and what does practice do to theory?). Seminar about Artistic Research with Jonna Bornemark, Magnus Bärtås, Marta Edling, Fia Fredricson Flodin, Henrik Frisk, Maria Joansson, Maria Lantz, Jonna Lappalainen, Andreas Nobel, Barbro Smeds and Måns Wrange. Centre for Practical Knowledge, Södertörn University, March 2013
- Thinking Through Painting, public talk with Kristina Bength, Magnus af Petersens, Jonatan Habib Engqvist, Jan Rydén, Sigrid Sandström, Moderna Museet, August 2012
- Moderator, Art and Society as Material, Åsa Andersson Broms, Johanna Gustafson Fürst, Stefan Rusu, Nomeda & Gediminas Urbonas, The Romanian Cultural Institute/Moderna Museet, August 2012
- Dependent Systems, lecture, Part of the Art Project TALK, Hafnarhusid Reykjavík Art Museum, Reykjavik, June 2012
- Panora, lecture at the National Gallery of Iceland, Reykjavik, March 2012
- Vem går till Konsthistorien - Genus och samlande, Gothenburg University/Göteborgs Konsthall, panelist, April 2011 Ingemar P Arnesson, Linda Fagerström, Jonatan Habib Engqvist, Annica Karlsson Rixon, Kajsa Widegren
- Non-disciplinary approaches in artistic research, The artist as professional amateur, Finnish Society for Aesthetics, Helsinki, Finland, April, 2010
- Informalities, lecture at KRVIA, (Kamla Raheja Vidyanidhi Institute of Architecture and Environmental Studies) Mumbai, India, November 2009
- Long Live Degenerate art! (lecture and panel with Boris Groys, Meena Alexander, David Joselit, Jonatan Habib Engqvist, Laura Wexler), Power of Art conference organized by artist Warren Niedich, The Drawing Center, New York, June 2009
- Evil Gifts? On Bataille, Groys and Terror Economy, The Nordic Network for Avant-garde Studies 4th annual Conference, Reykjavík, Iceland, Sept. 2007
- Limits and Transgression, Modern Sexuality and the Death of God in Foucault and Bataille, presented at the PhD-course/conference Phenomenology of Eroticism at Södertörn University College, Aug 2007
- Actively Forgetting: Untimely Meditations on a Misspent Portrait, Invited speaker to the Arsenele of the 52nd Biennale di Venizia – Pensa con i sensi – Senta con la mente. L´Arte al Presente (Biannual of Venice- Think with the senses –Feel with the Mind. Art in the Present Tense), Venice, Italy. Off-site presentation related to the Australian artist Christian Capurro and his piece Another Misspent Portait of Eteinne de Silouette in Sala del Capitolo dei Domenicani, Cheisa San Nicolò, Treviso, Italy, June 2007.
- Active Forgetting - Nietzche´s 2nd Untimely Meditation, the river Lethe and Derrida´s Epróns, at Filosofidagarna 2007, Umeå University, June 2007
- Necropolitics as Exit in Contemporary Colonial Situations at Exit, Umeå University, January 2007
- Errorism – Hackers and Deconstruction at the Article Biannual for Electronic and Unstable Media, Stavanger, Norway, November 2006
- The Necropolitical and the Aesthetics of Martyrdom, at Aesthetics and Politics, Södertörn University College November 2006.
- On The Lightness of Spirit at a Finnish-Swedish Phenomenological workshop on the theme Phenomenology of Spirit, University of Helsinki, October 2006
- Syntax (T)error at the , International Association for Philosophy and Literature (IAPL) – in the organized session Fascinated by Terror (org. by Susanne Lindberg) Between Three, Media-Art-Philosophy, IAPL, Freiberg, Germany, June 2006
- Double and Second Nature at the 4th Nordic Conference of Phenomenology, University of Iceland, Iceland, April 2006
- Techno-phobia, Xenophobia, Anonymity - on hospitality, Swedish-Finnish Derrida workshop, Södertörn University College, Nov. 2005
- A remark on Fear and the Ethics of Technology, Filosofidagarna, Uppsala University, June 2005
- Foucault, Fear and Technology at the 3rd Nordic Conference of Phenomenology, University of Bergen, Norway, April 2005