Exhibtions and projects
Artistic Director, curator and project manager, Nya Småland, with Mike Bode. On-going since 2016. Multiple venue exhibitions, workshops, seminar and residencies 2019 – 2020, for full programme: www.nyasmaland.se
Curator, Fenduq, Éric van Hove, Vandalorum, Värnamo, Sweden, 1.2.2020-6.9.2019
Curator, Vlad Nanca – Visavis, Gallery Suprainfint, Bucharest, Romania, 18.9.2019 – 9.11.2019
Curator, VR Pavilion, Sara Tirelli, Launch: 9.5.2019. Fondamenta de la Tana, 2029 Calle Nova, Venice, Italy.
Co-curator with Basak Senova and Branko Francechi, The 5th Project Biennial of Contemporary Art D-0 ARK Underground, Do secret services dream of a museum? Tito's Bunker - ARC D-0, Konjic, Bosnia & Herzegovina, 26.04.2019 – 26.10.2019.
- Participating artists: Bella Rune, the Cuss Group, Jagoda Buić, Larissa Sansour, Mirko Marić, Momčilo Golub, Ramesch Daha, Renee Petropoulos, Vesna Pavlović, Yoko Ono, and Zlatko Kopljar, www.bijenale.ba
Co-curator with Gabriel Mestre Arrioja, Earth-Body, Geological Museum of Mexico UNAM, Mexico City. 5.2.2019–7.4.2019.
- Participating artists: Abraham Gómez, Ane Graff, Anna Rún Tryggvadóttir, Gabriel Mestre Arrioja, Héctor Vargas, Hesselholdt & Mejlvang, Nikolina Ställborn, Marja Helander, Pablo Castillo, Pepe Mogt.
Curator, Hulda Rós Guðnadóttir – All is Full of Love, Künstlerhaus Bethanien, Berlin (in collaboration with Cycle Festival) 17.1.2019–10.2.2019.
Co-curator with Guðny Guðmundsdóttir and Sara S Öldudóttir, Þjóð meðal þjóða / Inclusive Nation, Cycle Festival.
Venues: IÐNÓ, Mengi, Tjörnin, The Living Art Museum in Reykjavík; Gerðarsafn Kópavogur Art Museum, Kópavogur Swimming Pool, Kópavogur Public Library, Kópavogur City council, Midpunkt, Salurinn Concert Hall & Kópavogur Music School in Kópavogur, and Þingvellir national park, Iceland, 25–28.10.2018.
- Performances by: Adam Christensen, Bendik Giske, Bryndís Björnsdóttir, Jeanette Ehlers, Steinunn Gunnlaugsdóttir, Adam Christensen, Countess Malaise, Elle-Maaret Valle, DJ SAKANA, DJ Uyaraqk, Björk Viggósdóttir, María Dalberg, Skerpla, Stellan Veloce, Tyler Friedman, Jesper Pedersen. Opera by Þráinn Hjálmarsson, Brynjar Sigurðarson and Veronika Sedlmair.
- Works in public space by: Anna Rún Tryggvadóttir, Björk Viggósdóttir, Meriç Algün, Julie Edel Hardenberg, Magnus Sigurdarson, Steinunn Gunnlaugsdóttir, Unnar Örn, Jeannette Castioni & Þuríður Jónsdóttir.
Visual artists: Anna Júlía Friðbjörnsdóttir, Anna Rún Tryggvadóttir, Athena Farrokhzad, Bryndís Björnsdóttir, Magnus Sigurdarson, Melanie Ubaldo, Sara Kramer, Slavs and Tatars, Lap-See Lam & Wingyee Wu, Pinar Öğrenci, Meriç Algün, Þráinn Hjálmarsson, Brynjar Sigurðarson and Veronika Sedlmair, Steinunn Gunnlaugsdóttir, Hulda Rós Gudnadottir, Björk Viggósdóttir, Julie Edel Hardenberg, Julius von Bismarck + Julian Charrière, Unnar Örn.
Curator, Einungis allir / Exclusively Inclusive, Gerdarsafn, Kópavogur, Iceland (in collaboration with Cycle Festival) August 2018-January 2019.
- Participating artists: Adam Christensen, Anna Júlía Friðbjörnsdóttir, Anna Rún Tryggvadóttir, Áki Ásgeirsson, Athena Farrokzhad, Bendik Giske, Björk Viggósdóttir, Bryndís Björnsdóttir, Childish Gambino, Countesse Malaise, Darri Lorenzen, Erla S. Haraldsdóttir, Haraldur Jónsson, Hulda Rós Guðnadóttir, Jeannette Castioni + Þuríður Jónsdóttir, Jeannette Ehlers, Jesper Pedersen, Julie Edel Hardenberg, Joseph Beuys, Julius von Bismarck + Julian Charrière, Karólína Eiríksdóttir, Kaj Duncan David, Lap-See Lam + Wingyee Wu, Libia Castro + Ólafur Ólafsson, Magnus Sigurdarson, Margrét H Blöndal, María Dalberg, Melanie Ubaldo, Meriç Algün, Pétur Eggertsso, Pinar Öğrenci, Rama Gottfried, Sara Kramer, SKERPLA, Slavs and Tatars, Steinunn Gunnlaugsdóttir, Stellan Veloce, Tyler Friedman, Unnar Örn, Uyarakq, Þórunn Gréta Sigurðardóttir, Þráinn Hjálmarsson + Brynjar Sigurðarson + Veronika Sedlmair
Co-curator with Gudny Gudmundsdóttir and Sara S. Öldudóttir, Cryptopian States (Sovereign Colony/Inclusive Nation) Cycle Festival Residency of the Icelandic Embassy in Berlin, May 2018.
- Participating artists: Adam Christensen, Aqqalu Berthelsen, Anna Júlía Friðbjörnsdóttir, Anna Rún Tryggvadóttir, Bryndís Björnsdóttir, Edward Fuglø, FRZNTE, Hulda Rós Gudnadottir, Halla Mia Ólafsdóttir, Hrefna Hörn Leifsdóttir + Sara Rosengarten, Inuk Silis Høegh, Ivalo Frank, Julius von Bismarck + Julian Charrière, Julie Edel Hardenberg, Jeannette Ehlers, Kolbeinn Hugi, Laali Lybert, Libia Castro + Olafur Olafsson, Magnús Sigurðarson, Ragnar Kjartansson, Magnea, Pétur Thomsen, Superflex, Steinunn Gunnlaugsdóttir, Sara Kramer, Unnar Örn.
- Participating artists: Signe Johannessen, Joanna Lombard, Lina Selander, Ylva Snöfrid, Nikolina Ställborn
Researcher, writer and part of interdisciplinary group Fleeting Territories – Mapping Malta with Sabine Bitter, Klaus Schafler and Helmut Weber, in The Island is what the sea surrounds, curated by Maren Richter as part of V18 European Capital of Culture, Valetta, April-May 2018.
Curator, RISE, with participants from the Master’s of Artistic Research (MAR) at the Royal Academy of Art, Quartair Contemporary Art Initiatives, The Hauge, February 2018.
- Artists: Mel Chan, Arthur Cordier, Lucy Engelman, Daisy Madden-Wells, Katrina Niebergal, Ángel Orellana, Matthew Lanning, Helena Sanders, Paulien Bekker, Greta Desirèe Facchinato, Xaviera Hardjopawiro, Loretta Moore, Lun Hwl, Minsook Kang, Valentino Russo, Raquel Sanchez and Cristiana Vignatelli Bruni.
Curator, Det Allmänna / The Common, Equator architect office, Stockholm, Dec 2017-Januray 2018.
- Artists: Nisrine Boukhari, Alvaro Campo, Maren Dagny Juell, Medium, and Lars Tunbjörk.
Co-curator, Survival Kit 9, Becoming an Apricot… (with Solvita Krese and Inga Lāce), Former building of the Faculty of Biology of the University of Latvia, Kronvalda bulvaris 4, Riga, Latvia September 2017. www.survivalkit.lv www.lcca.lv
- Participating artists: Maria Thereza Alves, Laurie Anderson, Jonathas de Andrade, Lotta Antonsson, Hildur Bjarnadóttir, Juris Boiko, Andris Eglītis, Ieva Epnere, Annika Eriksson, Andris Grīnbergs / Laima Žurgina, Jim Holyoak, Nona Inescu, Britta Marakatt-Labba, Christine Ödlund, Jean Painlevé, Andrej Polukord, Krišs Salmanis, Ehsan Ul Haq, Nomeda & Gediminas Urbonas, James Webb, Gernot Wieland, Wong Kit Yi.
Co-curator, Sinopale 6, Tranposition/ Aktarım with Nike Baetzner and Melih Görgun, Sinop, Turkey.
Venues: Former Ice Factory at the harbour, Sinop Hal Buluşma Merkezi (former Market Hall), Dr. Rıza Nur Public Library, Chamber of Architects, Museum of Archeology, Museum of Ethnography, Former Glass Factory, Shops and Public Spaces in Sinop and Gerze (Originally due to open in 2016 and postponed to August 2017).
- Participating artists: Anne Baumann, Sophie Baumgärtner, Aylin Çakıner, Bernhard Cella, Alvaro Campo, Canan Dağdelen, Ayşe Erkmen, Cevdet Erek, Philippe van Eetvelt, Wilhelm Frederking, Mürteza Fidan, Ulrike Grossarth, Frank Hagen, Petrit Halilaj, İpek Hamzaoğlu, Murat Haschu, Kristina Heinrichs, Nil İlkbaşaran, Gülsün Karamustafa, Sebastien Koerbs, Volkan Kızıltunç, Maria Lantz, leavinghomefunktion: Anne Knoedler, Johannes Foetsch, Elisabeth Oertel, Effy Zeniou, Kaupo Holmberg, Ulrike Mohr, Nina Naussed, Jonas Nobel, Raluca Popa, Julian Rosefeldt, Bella Rune, Ginan Seidl & Yalda Afsah, Esther Suarez Ruiz, Youssef Tabti www.sinopale.org
Curator and editor, Letters from the Sky, photomicrographs by experimental physicist Ukichiro Nakaya, interdisciplinary seminars, workshops and concerts: Riga Artspace, Latvia (Dec 2016), R1, KTH Stockholm, Sweden (March 2017), Oslo Kunstforening, Norway (August 2017), forthcoming publication on OK forlag, 2019/20
Curator, Camp Solong – Nonstop sunset. Dafna Maimon & Ethan Hayes-Chute, Gallery Sinne, Helsinki, Finland, June 2017. Camp Solong, Ekenäs Gård, Ekenäs Finland, July 2017 www.sinne.proartibus.fi www.campsolong.org
Curator, Public Face, Julius von Bismarck, Benjamin Maus och Richard Wilhelmer, public work on the roof of the municipal town hall in Jönköping, Konsthall Jönköpring, Sweden, November 2016 – February 2017
Co-curator, Schallwirkungen auf Mensch und Tier, Kunsthalle Exnergasse, Vienna, July 2016
- An exhibition about exhibitions by Ingrid Cogne, Jonatan Habib Engqvist, Corina Oprea, Tobias Pilz, Elske Rosenfeld, Klaus Schafler in collaboration with Peter Böhm
Curator, Bouchra Khalili – The Opposite of Voice-Over, Färgfabriken Stockholm, April-June 2016
Curator, Raluca Popa – Two Titles, ICR (Romanian Cultural Institute), Stockholm, Sweden, August-November 2015
Co-curator Momentum 8, Tunnel Vision with Birta Gudjonsdottír, Stefanie Hessler, Toke Lykkeberg, Moss, Norway, June – September 2015.
- Participating Artists: Hrafnhildur Arnardottir a.k.a Shoplifter, Brody Condon, Steingrimur Eyfjord, Valia Fetisov with Dzina Zhuk & Nicolay Spesivtsev, Johanna Heldebro, Minna L. Henriksson, Sofia Hultén, Ferdinand Ahm Krag, Agnieszka Kurant, Cristóbal Lehyt, Eva Löfdahl, Joanna Lombard, Lundahl & Seitl, Fujiko Nakaya, Christine Ödlund, Ola Pehrson, Edward Shenk, Daniel Steegmann Mangrané, Bjarni H. Thorarinsson, Sissel Tolaas, Ryan Trecartin, Steina (Steina Vasulka), Emanuel Vigeland, Julius von Bismarck, Zhala.
Co-Curator No Bad Days with Lars-Erik Hjertström Lappalainen, Kalmar Konstmuseum, Kalmar, Sweden, June – October 2015. - Participating Artists: Kristoffer Borgli , Enno Hallek, Andreas Meinich, Iiu Susiraja, Pilvi Takala, Gernot Wieland
Curator, A Kassen – Carnegie Art Award 2014, National Gallery of Iceland, February – May 2015
- Participating artists: Kristina Bength, Marc Handelman, David Reed, Jan Rydén, Sigrid Sandström, Wendy White.
Programme also included public talks with participating artists, Sonja Larsson, Kristina Jansson, Håkan Nilsson, Filippa Arrias, as well as an improvisation concert and lecture with French philosopher Jean-Luc Nancy.
Project Manager, Iaspis, The International Artist Studio Program in Sweden, 2009 – 2014 (on leave Jan-June 2012).
In this capacity managed over 120 lectures, talks, minor publications, informative and networking events.
Projects include: Open House (Spring and Autumn 2010 – 2011, Autumn 2012, Spring and Autumn 2013, Spring 2014), seminars, international conferences, film screenings and other public events in various venues in Sweden and abroad. Tasks also include budget and staff-management, coordination of residencies for Swedish artists abroad, EU-project administration, maintaining an archive of Swedish artists and the organisation of curatorial visitors-programmes. Project Manager for several minor publications, including translations and editing. Assistant editor and project manager for Dialogue – On the Politics of Voice, project manager and co-editor of Work, Work, Work – Reader on Art and Labour. www.iaspis.se
Curator of Reykjavik Arts Festival 2012 - (I)ndependent People: Collaborations and Artist Initiatives, May–Sept. 2012
Venues: The Living Art Museum, Reykjavik Art museum, The Icelandic National Gallery, Kling & Bang, The Nordic House, The Icelandic Sculptural Association, ÁSI Art Museum, Höfdi, projects in public space and off-site events. Independent venues include gallery I8, The National Theatre of Iceland and LÁ Art Museum.
- Participating artists included: 1857, A Kassen, Anonymous, AIM Europe, Box, Endemi, Gokskøyr & Martens, The Icelandic Love Corporation, IC-98, Institutt for Degenerert Kunst, Jóna Hlíf Halldórsdottir & Hlynur Hallsson, Kling & Bang, Learning Site with Jamie Stapelton, M.E.E.H. (Magnus Sigudarsson, Elin Wikström, Erla Haraldsdottír, Haraldur Jónsson), Nomeda & Gediminas Urbonas + MIT 4.333, Melissa Dubbin & Aaron S Davidsson, No Gods No Parents (UKS), Nyló, Raflóst, Steina Vasulka, Sofia Hultén & Ivan Seal, Superflex, The Artist Formerly Known as Geist, The Awareness Muscle Team, Steingrímur Eyfjörd & Ulrika Sparre, The New Beauty Council & Elin Strand Ruin, Thérèse Kristianson, Marianna Alves, Katarina Bonnevier, Torpedo, Útúrdúr, Wooloo.
Curator, Independent suitcase exhibition and Nordic artist book table, Armory Show (on invitation from Jacob Fabricius), New York, April 2012
Curator, Occupy my dream, performance/screening with artists Magnus Sigurdarsson and Pilvi Takkala, at Gallery 69, Grønlykka, Oslo, Norway, Sept. 2012
Curator/collaborator, Thinking through painting. On-going project with artists Kristina Bength, Jan Rydén and Sigrid Sandström (2009-2013). Part of the project was made public through exhibition, seminar, workshops and talks during the course of 6 weeks at the Boiler Room, Konsthall C, Stockholm, 2011.
Curator, Nordens U-land? - Isländsk konst i kristid / The Nordic 3rd World Country? - Icelandic Art in Times of crisis. Performances, seminars and publication, Färgfabriken Stockholm and Färgfabriken Norr, Östersund (2010-2011). Participating artists: Bjargey Ólafsdottír, Erla S Haraldsdottír, Hildur Margretadottír, Hreinn J Stephensen, Ingvar Högni Ragnarsson, Magnús Sigurdarson, Pétur Thomsen, Ragnar Kjartansson, Rúrí, The Icelandic Love Corporation.
Curator, Ragnar Kjartansson – Guilt Trip, Färgfabriken, Stockholm, 2010
Co-curator together with Camilla Carlberg & Lena Malm, The Night – Eroticism, Folköl and Melancholia, 12-hour performance by Ragnar Kjartansson, Moderna Museet, 2010
Curator, Meric Algün Ringborg: The Concise Book of Visa Application Forms, Gallery Naïve, Stockholm, 2010
Co-curator, Informal Cities (with Maria Lantz, Anna Erlandsson, Michele Masucci), Coomaraswamy hall, Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya (formerly Prince of Wales Museum of Western India), Bombay, India, November 2009.
- Participants: Anna Erlandsson, Maria Lantz, Francesco Jodice, Monika Marklinger, Johan Rutherhagen, Erik Rosshagen & David Herdies, Sofia Wiberg & Michele Masucci, Johan Widén, Rufina Wu & Stefan Canham.
The exhibition was followed by a seminar-series about global urban development in Bombay and further talks and seminars in Sweden.
Curator, Moderna Museet, Stockholm, Sweden. Responsible also for development of guided tours and learning, pedagogical texts, introductions and artist presentations. Curator of programmes and exhibitions including:
- Co-curator and co-initiator of The Studio at Moderna Museet (with Camilla Carlberg & Lena Malm).
Projects included, among others; Johannes Nyholm, Thomson&Craighead (collaboration with Mejan Labs), Sound Design for Future Films, Dubbin&Davidson (with The Royal Institute of Fine Art), Diggapony (with MDT), OEI+Geist+Paletten+SITE, Critical run, Theirry Geofroy, as well as numerous discussions and events.
- Curator, SaraLunden, Fühstuck im Grünen, Performance by Picassos sculpture group in the garden at Moderna Museet and The Architecture Museum, Stockholm, June 2009
- Curator, Charlotte Engelkes, Framför konsten, Performance in the collection.
- Curator of public programs and lecture-series at Moderna Museet such as ”Artist Talk Show”, ”Ljuset på Andra Önskemuseet / The Second Museum of Our Wishes in the Spotlight”, ”Fotografins Återfödelse? / Photography Reborn?” 2008, 2009
Curator, CiRKUS, Hrienn J Stephenssen, ID:I galleri, Stockholm
Co-editor/co-curator, Motiv, a photo-gallery in magazine format. Selection and editorials 2007- 2009
Curator, Moderna Museet, Stockholm, Sweden. Responsible also for development of guided tours and learning, pedagogical texts, introductions and artist presentations. Curator of programmes and exhibitions.
Curator (independent), Theoretical relay race, at the Moderna Museet in Stockholm through Philosophy.se as a part of Node.Stockholm 2008.
Participant in Atunement in Art is Not Mute - Ersta Konsthall Sound Archives, Ersta Konsthall, Stockholm, Institute of Contemporary Art, Dunaújváros, Hungary,Tensta Konsthall, Stockholm, 2007
Gallery assistant at Mejan Labs in Stockholm, 2006, 2007
- Planning and collaboration in the organisation of various activities through Mejan Labs in Stockholm
- Initiator of filosofifabriken 2006-07
- Part of the organising group for Pixelvärk 2007 and Node.Stockholm 2008
Curator exhibition and seminars, Special Project International: Vulnerability a Strength, Gallery Mejan, 2007.
Collaborator and opening speaker, Autistisk Kilskrift, Färgfabriken in Stockholm, spring 2007
Theoretical associate, CCAP, Christina Caprioli Artificial Project, dance company.
- Exploring overlapping perspectives of theory and practice, of theoretical and corporal knowledge with a focus on superlative states together with dancer and choreographer Cristina Caprioli at CCAP and architect and programmer Panagiotis Michalatos in the dance-productions too late and very very (2005, 2006, 2007).
Conceptual- and Leather-work together with artistic PhD-student Jenny Wiklund for her exhibitions at Om att minnas att man inte minns, Färgfabriken and Amnesia (750813-0881) and Claustrophobia (750813-0441) at Gallery Mejan, 2005, 06, 07
Co-curator with Peter Hagdahl, Verge – an international New Media exhibition and seminar Moderna Museet, Stockholm, 2006 followed by major grant applications to the Swedish Research Council to initiate artistic research at the Royal Academy.
Creative adviser for, and producer of, sound-art and radio-experiments, Sveriges Radio (the Swedish national public service radio), culture radio P1, SRC, 2002 – 04, please see www.sr.se/src for a selection of archived material (E.g. the themes: Skogen, Familjen, Det som inte blev sagt, Nomader).
Curator, Anonymous Artists, exhibition and post-graffiti collaboration, 2003 – 13, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, U.K., USA