Exhibtions and projects from the past ten-fifteen years (long list)
Artistic Director, curator and project manager, Nya Småland, with Mike Bode. On-going since 2016. Multiple venue exhibitions, workshops, seminar and residencies 2019 – 2020, for full programme: www.nyasmaland.se
Curator, VR Pavilion, Sara Tirelli, Launch: 9.5.2019. Fondamenta de la Tana, 2029 Calle Nova, Venice, Italy. www.vrpavilion.org
Co-curator with Basak Senova and Branko Francechi, The 5th Project Biennial of Contemporary Art D-0 ARK Underground, Do secret services dream of a museum? Tito's Bunker - ARC D-0, Konjic, Bosnia & Herzegovina, 26.04.2019 – 26.10.2019
Bella Rune, the Cuss Group, Jagoda Buić, Larissa Sansour, Mirko Marić, Momčilo Golub, Ramesch Daha, Renee Petropoulos, Vesna Pavlović, Yoko Ono, and Zlatko Kopljar, www.bijenale.ba
Co-curator with Gabriel Mestre Arrioja, Earth-Body, Geological Museum of Mexico UNAM, Mexico City. 5.2.2019–7.4.2019.
Participating artists: Abraham Gómez, Ane Graff, Anna Rún Tryggvadóttir, Gabriel Mestre Arrioja, Héctor Vargas, Hesselholdt & Mejlvang, Nikolina Ställborn, Marja Helander, Pablo Castillo, Pepe Mogt.
Curator, Sara Tirelli – Medusa, Borås Konstmuseum, Sweden. 31.1.2019 – Prolonged to 11.8.2019, www.boraskonstmuseum.se
Curator, Hulda Rós Guðnadóttir – All is Full of Love, Künstlerhaus Bethanien, Berlin (in collaboration with Cycle Festival) 17.1.2019–10.2.2019.
Co-curator with Guðny Guðmundsdóttir and Sara S Öldudóttir, Þjóð meðal þjóða / Inclusive Nation, Cycle Festival.
Venues: IÐNÓ, Mengi, Tjörnin, The Living Art Museum in Reykjavík; Gerðarsafn Kópavogur Art Museum, Kópavogur Swimming Pool, Kópavogur Public Library, Kópavogur City council, Midpunkt, Salurinn Concert Hall & Kópavogur Music School in Kópavogur, and Þingvellir national park, Iceland, 25–28.10.2018.
Performances by: Adam Christensen, Bendik Giske, Bryndís Björnsdóttir, Jeanette Ehlers, Steinunn Gunnlaugsdóttir, Adam Christensen, Countess Malaise, Elle-Maaret Valle, DJ SAKANA, DJ Uyaraqk, Björk Viggósdóttir, María Dalberg, Skerpla, Stellan Veloce, Tyler Friedman, Jesper Pedersen. Opera by Þráinn Hjálmarsson, Brynjar Sigurðarson and Veronika Sedlmair.
Works in public space by: Anna Rún Tryggvadóttir, Björk Viggósdóttir, Meriç Algün, Julie Edel Hardenberg, Magnus Sigurdarson, Steinunn Gunnlaugsdóttir, Unnar Örn, Jeannette Castioni & Þuríður Jónsdóttir.
Visual artists: Anna Júlía Friðbjörnsdóttir, Anna Rún Tryggvadóttir, Athena Farrokhzad, Bryndís Björnsdóttir, Magnus Sigurdarson, Melanie Ubaldo, Sara Kramer, Slavs and Tatars, Lap-See Lam & Wingyee Wu, Pinar Öğrenci, Meriç Algün, Þráinn Hjálmarsson, Brynjar Sigurðarson and Veronika Sedlmair, Steinunn Gunnlaugsdóttir, Hulda Rós Gudnadottir, Björk Viggósdóttir, Julie Edel Hardenberg, Julius von Bismarck + Julian Charrière, Unnar Örn.
Curator, Einungis allir / Exclusively Inclusive, Gerdarsafn, Kópavogur, Iceland (in collaboration with Cycle Festival) August 2018-January 2019.
Participating artists: Adam Christensen, Anna Júlía Friðbjörnsdóttir, Anna Rún Tryggvadóttir, Áki Ásgeirsson, Athena Farrokzhad, Bendik Giske, Björk Viggósdóttir, Bryndís Björnsdóttir, Childish Gambino, Countesse Malaise, Darri Lorenzen, Erla S. Haraldsdóttir, Haraldur Jónsson, Hulda Rós Guðnadóttir, Jeannette Castioni + Þuríður Jónsdóttir, Jeannette Ehlers, Jesper Pedersen, Julie Edel Hardenberg, Joseph Beuys, Julius von Bismarck + Julian Charrière, Karólína Eiríksdóttir, Kaj Duncan David, Lap-See Lam + Wingyee Wu, Libia Castro + Ólafur Ólafsson, Magnus Sigurdarson, Margrét H Blöndal, María Dalberg, Melanie Ubaldo, Meriç Algün, Pétur Eggertsso, Pinar Öğrenci, Rama Gottfried, Sara Kramer, SKERPLA, Slavs and Tatars, Steinunn Gunnlaugsdóttir, Stellan Veloce, Tyler Friedman, Unnar Örn, Uyarakq, Þórunn Gréta Sigurðardóttir, Þráinn Hjálmarsson + Brynjar Sigurðarson + Veronika Sedlmair
Co-curator with Gudny Gudmundsdóttir and Sara S. Öldudóttir, Cryptopian States (Sovereign Colony/Inclusive Nation) Cycle Festival Residency of the Icelandic Embassy in Berlin, May 2018.
Participating artists: Adam Christensen, Aqqalu Berthelsen, Anna Júlía Friðbjörnsdóttir, Anna Rún Tryggvadóttir, Bryndís Björnsdóttir, Edward Fuglø, FRZNTE, Hulda Rós Gudnadottir, Halla Mia Ólafsdóttir, Hrefna Hörn Leifsdóttir + Sara Rosengarten, Inuk Silis Høegh, Ivalo Frank, Julius von Bismarck + Julian Charrière, Julie Edel Hardenberg, Jeannette Ehlers, Kolbeinn Hugi, Laali Lybert, Libia Castro + Olafur Olafsson, Magnús Sigurðarson, Ragnar Kjartansson, Magnea, Pétur Thomsen, Superflex, Steinunn Gunnlaugsdóttir, Sara Kramer, Unnar Örn.
Curator, Children of the Children of the Revolution, Signe Johannessen, Joanna Lombard, Lina Selander, Ylva Snöfrid, Nikolina Ställborn, Färgfabriken, Stockholm, April– August 2018.
Researcher, writer and part of interdisciplinary group Fleeting Territories – Mapping Malta with Sabine Bitter, Klaus Schafler and Helmut Weber, in The Island is what the sea surrounds, curated by Maren Richter as part of V18 European Capital of Culture, Valetta, April-May 2018.
Curator, RISE, with participants from the Master’s of Artistic Research (MAR) at the Royal Academy of Art, Quartair Contemporary Art Initiatives, The Hauge, February 2018.
Artists: Mel Chan, Arthur Cordier, Lucy Engelman, Daisy Madden-Wells, Katrina Niebergal, Ángel Orellana, Matthew Lanning, Helena Sanders, Paulien Bekker, Greta Desirèe Facchinato, Xaviera Hardjopawiro, Loretta Moore, Lun Hwl, Minsook Kang, Valentino Russo, Raquel Sanchez and Cristiana Vignatelli Bruni.
Artistic director, curator and project manager, Nya Småland (with Mike Bode) in collaboration between Kalmar Artmuseum, Kulturparken Småland, Vandalorum, Växjö Konsthall and the Linnaeus University. 2018 continues with residency-exchanges between Kultivera Tranås and the Soap factory in Minnesota; collaborations with Linnaeus University and the House of Migration and a residency at Polarcenter in Gränna. The large seminar in Tranås, Punctum Cesura, November 2018, was organised with Mike Bode and Frida Sandström in preparation for a multi-venue exhibition in the summer of 2019.
Founder and organiser of Curatorial Residency in Stockholm (CRIS) in collaboration with The Nordic Art Association, NKF and Nordisk Gästateljé, Malongen, Stockholm. Residents 2018: Basak Senova, Joanna Sokołowska, Viktorija Šiaulytė, Berit Schuck, Adam Kleinman, Marina Folkidis, Riksa Afiaty, Iaroslav Volovod. CRIS also partnered in the Nordic-Baltic Curatorial Research Programme (NBC) – the Center for Contemporary Arts, Estonia, Frame Contemporary Art Finland, funded by the Nordic Culture Point. This year three research trips where organised to Estonia, Finland and Sweden. Curatorial Assistant grants were given to young curators to work with Baltic Triennial, CCA Estonia, Tallinn, Baltic Circle, Helsinki and Nya Småland. An open call was sent out in December inviting emerging art professionals of the region to apply for the 2019 exhibition assistant exchange programme, which takes place at three national pavilions at the 58th Venice Biennale.
Curator, Det Allmänna / The Common, Equator architect office, Stockholm, Dec 2017-Januray 2018
Artists: Nisrine Boukhari, Alvaro Campo, Maren Dagny Juell, Medium, and Lars Tunbjörk,
Co-curator, Survival Kit 9, Becoming an Apricot… (with Solvita Krese and Inga Lāce), Former building of the Faculty of Biology of the University of Latvia, Kronvalda bulvaris 4, Riga, Latvia September 2017
Participating artists: Maria Thereza Alves, Laurie Anderson, Jonathas de Andrade, Lotta Antonsson, Hildur Bjarnadóttir, Juris Boiko, Andris Eglītis, Ieva Epnere, Annika Eriksson, Andris Grīnbergs / Laima Žurgina, Jim Holyoak, Nona Inescu, Britta Marakatt-Labba, Christine Ödlund, Jean Painlevé, Andrej Polukord, Krišs Salmanis, Ehsan Ul Haq, Nomeda & Gediminas Urbonas, James Webb, Gernot Wieland, Wong Kit Yi. www.survivalkit.lv www.lcca.lv
Co-curator, Sinopale 6, Tranposition/ Aktarım with Nike Baetzner and Melih Görgun, Sinop, Turkey. Venues: Former Ice Factory at the harbour, Sinop Hal Buluşma Merkezi (former Market Hall), Dr. Rıza Nur Public Library, Chamber of Architects, Museum of Archeology, Museum of Ethnography, Former Glass Factory, Shops and Public Spaces in Sinop and Gerze (Originally due to open in 2016 and postponed to August 2017).
Participating artists: Anne Baumann, Sophie Baumgärtner, Aylin Çakıner, Bernhard Cella, Alvaro Campo, Canan Dağdelen, Ayşe Erkmen, Cevdet Erek, Philippe van Eetvelt, Wilhelm Frederking, Mürteza Fidan, Ulrike Grossarth, Frank Hagen, Petrit Halilaj, İpek Hamzaoğlu, Murat Haschu, Kristina Heinrichs, Nil İlkbaşaran, Gülsün Karamustafa, Sebastien Koerbs, Volkan Kızıltunç, Maria Lantz, leavinghomefunktion: Anne Knoedler, Johannes Foetsch, Elisabeth Oertel, Effy Zeniou, Kaupo Holmberg, Ulrike Mohr, Nina Naussed, Jonas Nobel, Raluca Popa, Julian Rosefeldt, Bella Rune, Ginan Seidl & Yalda Afsah, Esther Suarez Ruiz, Youssef Tabti www.sinopale.org
Curator and editor, Letters from the Sky, photomicrographs by experimental physicist Ukichiro Nakaya, interdisciplinary seminars, workshops and concerts: Riga Artspace, Latvia (Dec 2016), R1, KTH Stockholm, Sweden (March 2017), Oslo Kunstforening, Norway (August 2017), National Gallery of Iceland (September 2017. TBC), forthcoming publication on OK forlag, 2019/20
Curator, Camp Solong – Nonstop sunset. Dafna Maimon & Ethan Hayes-Chute, Gallery Sinne, Helsinki, Finland, June 2017. Camp Solong, Ekenäs Gård, Ekenäs Finland, July 2017 www.sinne.proartibus.fi www.campsolong.org
Curator and project manager, New Småland (with Mike Bode) in collaboration between Kalmar Artmuseum, Kulturparken Småland, Vandalorum, Växjö Konsthall and the Linnaeus University. The project´s second year, 2017, among other entailed initiating a residency-exchange between Kultivera Tranås and the Soap factory in Minnesota and a 3-month residency in collaboration with Linnaeus University and the House of Migration and a residency at Polarcenter in Gränna.
Founder and organiser of Curatorial Residency in Stockholm (CRIS) in collaboration with The Nordic Art Association, NKF and Nordisk Gästateljé, Malongen, Stockholm. Residents 2017: Lorenzo Sandoval, Amara Antilla. In 2017 a three-week intensive research residency was organised with CPR (Curatorial Program for Research) and the Estonian Research and development centre. Collaborations initiated with Iran, Turkey and Austria. During 3 weeks the curators travelled through Estonia, Sweden, Norway and Denmark. Carmen Ferreyra, Karin Laansoo, Susanne Ewerlöf and Jonatan Habib Engqvist selected the following curators: Agata Chinowska, Rachel Cook, Inês Geraldes Cardoso, Samira Hashemi, Eva Riebová, Ainslie Roddick, Helena Santos Elorriaga and Wong Binghao.
Curator, Public Face, Julius von Bismarck, Benjamin Maus och Richard Wilhelmer, public work on the roof of the municipal town hall in Jönköping, Konsthall Jönköpring, Sweden, November 2016 – February 2017
Curator and project manager, New Småland. In collaboration between Kalmar Artmuseum, Kulturparken Småland, Vandalorum, Växjö Konsthall and the Linnaeus University. 2016 was a pilot year where we are developed methods to present, engage and co-ordinate local actors and local knowledge and combining these with international contemporary art and critical thinking. This is a means to investigate and re-access the political, social and aesthetic landscape of Småland. The first year encompassed a number of public and non-public platforms as a part of articulating long-term relationships, experiment and create the conditions for critical and cultural sustainability. Residency at Kultivera Tranås and three larger seminars at Kalmar Artmuseum, Vandalorum, The House och Migration and Växjö Konsthall, talks at Kalmar Artmuseum and Polarcenter in Gränna.
Participants include: Center for Landuse Interpretation, çöp(m)adam, Enno Hallek, Eric Van Hove, Juan-Pedro Fabra Guemberena, Jenny Nordberg, Greece is for lovers, Saskia Sassen, Sigríður Sigurjónsdóttir, and more
Co-curator, Schallwirkungen auf Mensch und Tier – An exhibition by Ingrid Cogne, Jonatan Habib Engqvist, Corina Oprea, Tobias
Pilz, Elske Rosenfeld, Klaus Schafler in collaboration with Peter Böhm – Kunsthalle Exnergasse, Vienna, July 2016
Curator, Bouchra Khalili – The Opposite of Voice-Over, Färgfabriken Stockholm, April-June 2016
Founder and organiser of Curatorial Residency in Stockholm (CRIS) in collaboration with The Nordic Art Association, NKF and Nordisk Gästateljé, Malongen, Stockholm. Residents 2016: Övul O. Durmusoglu, Marina Valle Noronha, Juha Huuskonen, Elena Aguido and Lorenzo Sandoval. Through an exchange with HIAP (Helsinki International Artist Programme), Stefanie Hessler was in residency at The Cable Factory, Helsinki.
Curator, Raluca Popa – Two Titles, ICR (Romanian Cultural Institute), Stockholm, Sweden, August-November 2015
Co-curator Momentum 8, Tunnel Vision (with Birta Gudjonsdottír, Stefanie Hessler, Toke Lykkeberg), Moss, Norway, June – September 2015
Participating Artists: Hrafnhildur Arnardottir a.k.a Shoplifter, Brody Condon, Steingrimur Eyfjord, Valia Fetisov with Dzina Zhuk & Nicolay Spesivtsev, Johanna Heldebro, Minna L. Henriksson, Sofia Hultén, Ferdinand Ahm Krag, Agnieszka Kurant, Cristóbal Lehyt, Eva Löfdahl, Joanna Lombard, Lundahl & Seitl, Fujiko Nakaya, Christine Ödlund, Ola Pehrson, Edward Shenk, Daniel Steegmann Mangrané, Bjarni H. Thorarinsson, Sissel Tolaas, Ryan Trecartin, Steina (Steina Vasulka), Emanuel Vigeland, Julius von Bismarck, Zhala. www.momentum.no
Co-Curator No Bad Days (with Lars-Erik Hjertström Lappalainen), Kalmar Konstmuseum, Kalmar, Sweden, June – October 2015.
Participating Artists: Kristoffer Borgli , Enno Hallek, Andreas Meinich, Iiu Susiraja, Pilvi Takala, Gernot Wieland www.kalmarkonstmuseum.se/exhibition/no-bad-days
Curator, A Kassen – Carnegie Art Award 2014, National Gallery of Iceland, February – May 2015
Founder and organiser of Curatorial Residency in Stockholm (CRIS) in collaboration with The Nordic Art Association, NKF and Nordisk Gästateljé, Malongen, Stockholm. Residents 2015: Eva Gonzales Sancho and Abir Boukhari. 2016: Övul O. Durmusoglu. Through exchange with HIAP, Stefanie Hessler was in residency in Helsinki www.nkf.se and in collaboration with Townhouse Cairo and MASS Alexandria Theodor Ringborg visited Egypt. CRIS has also recently established exchanges with New York and Istanbul.
Curator, Thinking Through Painting, Part 1 and Part 2, The Royal Academy of Fine Art, Stockholm. Exhibition in two parts with extensive programmes (August–November 2014)
Participating artists: Kristina Bength, Marc Handelman, David Reed, Jan Rydén, Sigrid Sandström, Wendy White.
Programme also included public talks with participating artists, Sonja Larsson, Kristina Jansson, Håkan Nilsson, Filippa Arrias, as well as an improvisation concert and lecture with French philosopher Jean-Luc Nancy. https://www.facebook.com/thinkingthroughpainting
Project Manager, Iaspis, The International Artist Studio Program in Sweden, 2009 – 2014 (on leave Jan-June 2012)
In this capacity I managed over 120 lectures, talks, minor publications, informative and networking events. Managed projects include: Open House (Spring and Autumn 2010 – 2011, Autumn 2012, Spring and Autumn 2013, Spring 2014), seminars, international conferences, film screenings and other public events in various venues in Sweden and abroad. Tasks also include budget and staff-management, coordination of residencies for Swedish artists abroad, EU-project administration, maintaining an archive of Swedish artists and the organisation of curatorial visitors-programmes. Project Manager for several minor publications, including translations and editing. Assistant editor and project manager for Dialogue – On the Politics of Voice, project manager and co-editor of Work, Work, Work – Reader on Art and Labour. www.iaspis.se
Curator of Reykjavik Arts Festival 2012 - (I)ndependent People: Collaborations and Artist Initiatives. Venues: The Living Art Museum, Reykjavik Art museum, The Icelandic National Gallery, Kling & Bang, The Nordic House, The Icelandic Sculptural Association, ÁSI Art Museum, Höfdi, projects in public space and off-site events. Independent venues include gallery I8, The National Theatre of Iceland and LÁ Art Museum. May – September 2012.
Participating artists included: 1857, A Kassen, Anonymous, AIM Europe, Box, Endemi, Gokskøyr & Martens, The Icelandic Love Corporation, IC-98, Institutt for Degenerert Kunst, Jóna Hlíf Halldórsdottir & Hlynur Hallsson, Kling & Bang, Learning Site with Jamie Stapelton, M.E.E.H. (Magnus Sigudarsson, Elin Wikström, Erla Haraldsdottír, Haraldur Jónsson), Nomeda & Gediminas Urbonas + MIT 4.333, Melissa Dubbin & Aaron S Davidsson, No Gods No Parents (UKS), Nyló, Raflóst, Steina Vasulka, Sofia Hultén & Ivan Seal, Superflex, The Artist Formerly Known as Geist, The Awareness Muscle Team, Steingrímur Eyfjörd & Ulrika Sparre, The New Beauty Council & Elin Strand Ruin, Thérèse Kristianson, Marianna Alves, Katarina Bonnevier, Torpedo, Útúrdúr, Wooloo.
Curator, Independent suitcase exhibition and Nordic artist book table, Armory Show (on invitation from Jacob Fabricius), New York, April 2012
Curator, Occupy my dream, performance/screening with artists Magnus Sigurdarsson and Pilvi Takkala, at Gallery 69, Grønlykka, Oslo, Norway, Sept. 2012
Curator/collaborator, Thinking through painting. On-going project with artists Kristina Bength, Jan Rydén and Sigrid Sandström (2009-2013). Part of the project was made public through exhibition, seminar, workshops and talks during the course of 6 weeks at the Boiler Room, Konsthall C, Stockholm, 2011.
Curator, Nordens U-land? - Isländsk konst i kristid / The Nordic 3rd World Country? - Icelandic Art in Times of crisis. Performances, seminars and publication, Färgfabriken Stockholm and Färgfabriken Norr, Östersund (2010-2011)
Participating artists: Bjargey Ólafsdottír, Erla S Haraldsdottír, Hildur Margretadottír, Hreinn J Stephensen, Ingvar Högni Ragnarsson, Magnús Sigurdarson, Pétur Thomsen, Ragnar Kjartansson, Rúrí, The Icelandic Love Corporation.
Curator, Ragnar Kjartansson – Guilt Trip, Färgfabriken, Stockholm, 2010
Co-curator together with Camilla Carlberg & Lena Malm, The Night – Eroticism, Folköl and Melancholia, 12-hour performance by Ragnar Kjartansson, Moderna Museet, 2010
Curator, Meric Algün Ringborg: The Concise Book of Visa Application Forms, Gallery Naïve, Stockholm, 2010
Co-curator, Informal Cities (with Maria Lantz, Anna Erlandsson, Michele Masucci), Coomaraswamy hall, Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya (formerly Prince of Wales Museum of Western India), Bombay, India, November 2009.
Exhibition with: Anna Erlandsson, Maria Lantz, Francesco Jodice, Monika Marklinger, Johan Rutherhagen, Erik Rosshagen & David Herdies, Sofia Wiberg & Michele Masucci, Johan Widén, Rufina Wu & Stefan Canham.
The exhibition was followed by a seminar-series about global urban development in Bombay and further talks and seminars in Sweden.
Curator, Moderna Museet, Stockholm, Sweden. Responsible also for development of guided tours and learning, pedagogical texts, introductions and artist presentations. Curator of programmes and exhibitions including:
Co-curator and co-initiator of The Studio at Moderna Museet (with Camilla Carlberg & Lena Malm). Projects included, among others; Johannes Nyholm, Thomson&Craighead (collaboration with Mejan Labs), Sound Design for Future Films, Dubbin&Davidson (with The Royal Institute of Fine Art), Diggapony (with MDT), OEI+Geist+Paletten+SITE, Critical run, Theirry Geofroy, as well as numerous discussions and events.
Curator, SaraLunden, Fühstuck im Grünen, Performance by Picassos sculpture group in the garden at Moderna Museet and The Architecture Museum, Stockholm, June 2009
Curator, Charlotte Engelkes, Framför konsten, Performance in the collection.
Curator of public programs and lecture-series at Moderna Museet such as ”Artist Talk Show”, ”Ljuset på Andra Önskemuseet / The Second Museum of Our Wishes in the Spotlight”, ”Fotografins Återfödelse? / Photography Reborn?” 2008, 2009
Curator, CiRKUS, Hrienn J Stephenssen, ID:I galleri, Stockholm
Co-editor/co-curator, Motiv, a photo-gallery in magazine format. Selection and editorials 2007- 2009
Curator, Moderna Museet, Stockholm, Sweden. Responsible also for development of guided tours and learning, pedagogical texts, introductions and artist presentations. Curator of programmes and exhibitions.
Curator (independent), Theoretical relay race, at the Moderna Museet in Stockholm through Philosophy.se as a part of Node.Stockholm 2008.
Participant in Atunement in Art is Not Mute - Ersta Konsthall Sound Archives, Ersta Konsthall, Stockholm, Institute of Contemporary Art, Dunaújváros, Hungary,Tensta Konsthall, Stockholm, 2007
Gallery assistant at Mejan Labs in Stockholm, 2006, 2007
Planning and collaboration in the organisation of various activities through Mejan Labs in Stockholm
Initiator of filosofifabriken 2006-07
Part of the organising group for Pixelvärk 2007 and Node.Stockholm 2008
Special Project International – Vulnerability a Strength, curating exhibition and organization of seminars, Gallery Mejan, 2007.
Autistisk Kilskrift, Collaborator and opening speaker at the exhibition at Färgfabriken in Stockholm, spring 2007
Theoretical associate, CCAP, Christina Caprioli Artificial Project, dance company.
Exploring overlapping perspectives of theory and practice, of theoretical and corporal knowledge with a focus on superlative states together with dancer and choreographer Cristina Caprioli at CCAP and architect and programmer Panagiotis Michalatos in the dance-productions too late and very very (2005, 2006, 2007).
Conceptual- and Leather-work together with artistic PhD-student Jenny Wiklund for her exhibitions at Om att minnas att man inte minns, Färgfabriken and Amnesia (750813-0881) and Claustrophobia (750813-0441) at Gallery Mejan, 2005, 06, 07
Co-curator with Peter Hagdahl, Verge – an international New Media exhibition and seminar Moderna Museet, Stockholm, 2006 followed by major grant applications to the Swedish Research Council to initiate artistic research at the Royal Academy:
Creative adviser for, and producer of, sound-art and radio-experiments, Sveriges Radio (the Swedish national public service radio), culture radio P1, SRC, 2002 – 04, please see www.sr.se/src for a selection of archived material (E.g. the themes: Skogen, Familjen, Det som inte blev sagt, Nomader).
Curator, Anonymous Artists, exhibition and post-graffiti collaboration, 2003 – 13, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, U.K., USA
just keep scrolling for texts and talks...
Fun fact: Islendska Hnakka (Icelandic saddles) was made in conjucntion Journeyman´s certificate in saddlemaking, 1998 and also contains numerous detail drawings of how to make Icelandic saddles.
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, View from below (Mother and child) A Kassen at Kling & Bang (and other places)/ Útsýni neðan frá (Móðir og barn) A Kassen á Kling & Bang (og fleiri stöðum), catalogue text, Kling & Bang Gallery, Reykjavík, Iceland 2019
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Infinite Beige, catalogue text for the group exhibition OSCILLATIONS / OSCILACIJE, Gallery of Fine Arts, Split, Croatia, 2019
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, As the ground below Vesuvius starts to tremble / Mens jorden under Vesuv begynder at ryste, Catalogue text for Hesselholdt & Mejlvang, Thorvaldsens Museum / V1 Gallery, Copenhagen, 2019
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Interview (English/Norwegian), Momentum 10: The Emotional Exhibition Reader (Anne Klontz, Marti Manen, Eds.), Art And Theory Publishing, Sweden, 2019.
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib (ed.) & Bode, Mike, Nya Småland 2019 – 2020, Nya Småland, 2019
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Dynamic Seclusion: Nordic Noir and Digital Culture in Digital Dynamics in Nordic Contemporary Art, ed. Tanya Toft Ag, Published by Intellect, distributed by Chicago University Press, 2019.
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, A Kaleidocopic Gaze, the DISCORD (ed. Başak Şenova), Ibraaz, Tunisa, 2018 (Second edition 2019). Produced in in conjunction to Benji Boyadgian’s exhibition with the same title at Al Ma’mal Foundation for Contemporary Art and Anadiel Contemporary Art Gallery, Jerusalem. PDF version downloadable here: www.ibraaz.org
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, A învata sâ în Marea Neagra / Learning how to Swim in the Black Sea – on Raluca Popa, IDEA magazine #52, IDEA Design & Print Cluj and Fundația IDEA, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 2018
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Why we do it, Pass – Journal of the International Biennial Association, Inaugural edition, 2018
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Einungis Allir / Exclusively Inclusive, Cycle Festival, Gerdarsafn, Kópavogur Art Museum, Reykjavík, Iceland, 2018
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib & Möntmann, Nina, Agencies of Art – A report on the situation of small and mid-sized art centres in Denmark, Norway and Sweden, OK PRESS, Oslo, 2018
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Revolutionens barnbarn / The Grandchildren of the Revolution + artist texts, Children of the Children of the Revolution (catalogue), Färgfabriken, 2018
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Correspondence, contribution of conference notes in, Constellations, ed. Fergus Feehily & Johanna Vakkari, The Academy of Fine Arts Finland, 2018
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Two or Three Things / 2 ya da 3 Şey, exhibition text for Mike Bode - Türkiye Hakkında Bildiğim 2 ya da 3 Şey / 2 or 3 things I know about Turkey, Depo, Istanbul, Turkey, 2018
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib & Muscat Azzopardi, Greta, The Island of the Day Before (exhibition text printed on 4000 posters in Valetta), Valetta Culture Capital, Malta, 2018
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Family Business (translated to English, Finish, Latvian from Swedish) exhibition text in conjunction to exhibition by Dafna Maimon at SIC, Helsinki, Finland and KIM?, Riga, Latvia
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib & Hjertström Lappalainen, Big Dig – Om samtidskonst och passivitet, CL(P) Works, 2018
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib & Lantz, Maria (Editors), Dharavi: Documenting Informalities, 3rd edition, Practical Action Publishing, Warwickshire, UK, 2018)2017
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib; Krese Solvita and Lâce, Inga, Caressing fish, singing nettles, listening mushrooms in Survival Kit 9, Becoming an Apple, a Crow, a Tree, a Cockroach, a Glacier, a Plant, a Mushroom, a Shell, a Bird, Algae (ed. Selda Pukite), exhibition catalogue for Survival Kit 9, Riga, 2017.
Bätzner, Nike; Engqvist, Jonatan Habib and Görgün, Melih, Transposition in SINOPSIS (ed.), Magazine produced in conjunction to Sinopale 6, 2017.
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, I Begynelsen, igen / In the Beginning, again, Erla Haraldsdóttir, catalogue text for the exhibition Genesis, Lund Cathedral, Aug. 2017
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib and Bode, Mike, Welcome to Küçükistan, Glänta 3-4.16 (editorial guest)
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Future Cartographies in Rúrí – Fragile Systems (ed. Christian Schoen) catalogue text for the exhibition Fragile Systems, North Atlantic House, Copenhagen, 2016
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Genesis, catalogue text for the exhibition Genesis with Erla S Haraldsdottir, Gallery Konstepedemin, Gothenburg, Sweden, 2016
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Waiting with drawings by Muhammad Ali, Fukt Magazine for contemporary drawing #15, Berlin/Oslo, 2016
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Image as Weave / Mynd sem vefnadur in Colors of Belonging / Hildur Bjarnadottir, Norwiegan Artistic Research Fellowship/Bergen Academy of Art and Design/Reykjavik Artmuseum, 2016
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Scandinavian Pain, Mondes du Cinema 09, Éditions LettMotif, La Madeleine, France, 2016
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, The Seventh Day, catalogue text for the exhibition Genesis with Erla S Haraldsdottir, Hallgrimskirkja, Reykjavík, Iceland, 2016
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, A Map of Utopia, conversation with Bouchra Khalili (and introduction), The Opposite of Voice-Over, Färgfabriken, Stockholm, 2016
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, En viktig sak, Att, Artist book, Birgitta Muhr, Stockholm, 2016
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Art in Iceland (interview) in By Water, Sinne Proartibus, Helsinki, 2016
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Från skrivbordet, Paletten Art Journal #301, Gothenburg, 2016
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Finlir med dasslock: Ett valhänt försök till överläggning om filosofisk språkmoralism och översättning genom begrundande av konstvärldsengelskan, hur den hänger ihop med den Antropofagiska rörelsen, samt ett utkast till tre teser om översättningsprocessen, Monad #1, Styx förlag, Stockholm/Malmö, 2015
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Seeing the Forest for the Trees in Make a painting of trees in a forest (ed. Erla Haraldsdottír), Crymogea, Reykjavík, Iceland
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, The Veracity of Colour - A conversation in the studio in Make a painting of trees in a forest, (ed. Erla Haraldsdottír), Crymogea, Reykjavík, Iceland
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Det omöjliga Ägandet/Impossible Possesion (bilingual) exhibition text, Slakthus ateljeerna/Air D’Islande
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib; Gudjonsdottir, Birta; Hessler, Stefanie; Lykkeberg & Toke (eds.), The Viewer, Momentum 2015 8th Momentum Nordic Biennal of Contemporary Art, Tunnel Vision (exhibition catalogue vol.2), Mousse Publishing, Milano, Italy
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib and Hjertström Lappalainen, Lars-Erik, Ledighet – från livsglädje till kryptokomik, in No Bad Days (exhibition catalogue, eds.), Kalmar Konstmuseum, Kalmar, Sweden, June – September 2015
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib; Gudjonsdottir, Birta; Hessler, Stefanie; Lykkeberg & Toke (eds.), The Reader, Momentum 2015 8th Momentum Nordic Biennal of Contemporary Art, Tunnel Vision. Longer collective essay by Engqvist, Gudjonsdottir, Hessler & Lykkeberg. Interviews with Marcia Sá Cavalcante Schuback, Brody Condon, Laurence Delplace, Steingrimur Eyfjörd, Leah Kelly, Timothy Morton, Peter Osborne, Rupert Sheldrake, Marcus Steinweg, Michael Taussig, Christine Ödlund. Scent by Sissel Tolaas (exhibition catalogue vol.1), Mousse Publishing, Milano, Italy, 2015
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Something Fishy in Keep Frozen (ed. Hulda Rós Gudnadottír), Crymogea, Reykjavík, Iceland
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Drömminnen/Memories of a dream, David Molander catalogue essay, Cecilia Hillström Gallery, Stockholm
tsnoK (Engqvist and Hjertström Lappalainen), Savannah Bob, is that a pseudonym?, Supermarket artist-run magazine #5 2015
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Seminariet som ateljé? – när forskning blir konst / The seminar as studio? – When research becomes art, Bachelor Thesis (C-uppsats), Art History, Södertörn University, 2015
Bength Kristina; Engqvist, Jonatan Habib; Rydén Jan & Sandström Sigrid, Studio Talks: Thinking Through Painting, Arvinius + Orfeus publishing, 2014 (editor, introduction, various transcriptions and translations)
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Stating the Obvious – what is the position of painting? in Thinking Through Painting, Arvinius + Orfeus publishing, 2014
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, How to bake a cake with handcuffs in Difficulty of Freedom / Freedom of Difficulty, Exhibition catalogue, Erla Haraldsdottír, Crymogea, Reykjavík, 2014
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Stadsautonomi/stadsanatomi (City Autonomy/City Anatomy), Koreografisk Journal #1, Stockholm, 2013
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib & Torpedo Press (ed.) In Dependence – Collaborations and Artist Initiatives, Torpedo Press, Oslo, 2013
Jonatan Habib, (I)ndependent People in In Dependence – Collaborations and Artist Initiatives, Torpedo Press, Oslo, 2013
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Kao sto je novac papir, tako je i galeroja soba and Just as Money is Paper – So a Gallery is a Room, in Mladen Stilinovic, Nula iz Vladanja / Zero for Conduct, retrospective catalogue, ed. Branka Stipancic, Museum of Contemporary Art Zagreb, 2013
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Infrastruktur i Informationens tidsålder (Infrastructure in the age of information technology), Stockholm on the Move, Färgfabriken 2012
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, We are still lost between the abyss within us and the boundless horizons outside us, catalogue text for Ulrika Sparre & Hanna Ljungh, Växjö Konsthall, 2012
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Perfomativ Architektur, Building Blocks Berlin, Färgfabriken/Schwedische Botschaft Berlin, 2012
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib; Enqvist, Annika; Masucci, Michele; Rosendahl, Lisa; Widenheim, Cecilia (editors), Work, Work, Work – A reader on Art and Labour, Iaspis and Steinberg Press, 2012.
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Just as Money is Paper – So a Gallery is a Room, in Work, Work, Work – A reader on Art and Labour, 2012.
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib & Scheving, Kristín, (I)ndependent People, exhibition catalogue (editor, author of all texts), Reykjavík Arts Festival and collaborators, 2012
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Killing Cats – On Curiosity and the SUR-project by KTH/DOCH in (What´s) the Matter with Method, Buda Arts Center, Kortrijk, Belgium 2012
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib (editor) Gifts of Intimacy, Exhibition Catalogue, Tensta Konsthall, 2011
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib & Englund Karin (editors) The Nordic Third World Country? - Icelandic art in times of crises, project publication, Färgfabriken, 2010
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Introduction, The Nordic Third World Country? - Icelandic art in times of crises, project publication, Färgfabriken, 2010
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, From Golden Cars to Waterfalls - a conversation with Rúri, The Nordic Third World Country? - Icelandic art in times of crises, project publication, Färgfabriken, 2010
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Vad är det som är så kul? (What´s so funny?), in Divan, 3/4, 2010
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Med häst genom Sverige (On horseback through Sweden), interview with artist Annette Felleson in Kentaur, ed. Bornemark/von Essen, Södertörn Studies in Practical Knowledge, 2010
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Performativ Arkitektur, main catalogue essay for Building Blocks, Färgfabriken Stockholm, 2010
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib & Fredricson Vendela, My oh my – a story of love, in Input Journal, no 2, New York, 2009
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Listening through the mirror – Or Alberto Frigo´s heterotopia of sound / Att lyssna genom spegeln – Eller Alberto Frigos heterotopi av ljud (translated into Swedish by Hans Olsson) published in 06/36 YRS Alberto Frigo, Uppsala Konstmuseum, Sweden, 2009
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib & Lantz, Maria (Editors), Dharavi: Documenting Informalities, 2nd revised edition, Academic Foundation, New Dehli, India 2009
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Play and Control / Lek och kontroll (bi-lingual) for the exhibition Play - Film & Video, Moderna Museet, 2009
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Seeing isn´t believing: On Hreinn J Stephensen´s Poetism, Printed matter for Hreinn J Stephensen CiRCUS 2009
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib & Norberg, Björn, The Nordic Pioneers of New Media Art, Ars Hypermedia magazine, Winter 2009, Issue #1, Italy, 2009 (shorter version also published 2010 by GAMA, www.gama-gateway.eu
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, DistrACTION - On Hildur Margrettardottír´s FULKOMMKLEIKI, Hildur Margarettardottír, Iceland, 2008
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib & Lantz, Maria, Att betrakta slutet / Observing the end, Motiv #14, 2008
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib In-formalities, in Pavilion contemporary art & culture magazine #12 (Being There, Mapping the contemporary. Reader of the Bucharest Biennale, Vol 2: documented BB3, 2008
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib & Lantz, Maria (Editors) Dharavi: Documenting Informalities, The Royal University College of Fine Art, Stockholm, 2008
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib & Norberg, Björn, Hjärnboll, börshandlande palmer och TV-happenings (Brainball, stock exchange palm trees and TV-happenings), on the history New Media Art in Sweden, Konstperspektiv 4/07, 2007
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Sympathy for Godard, Hjärnstorm 92/93, 2007
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Tune in, Turn on, Drop out, Hjärnstorm 92/93, 2007
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Tesarius, Glänta 2-3, 2007
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib & Nilsson, Christian Kapitalismen som Religion? (Capitalism as Religion?), introduction, Ord och Bild 5, 2006, ed.
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Gåvan och ekonomins gränser (The Gift and the limits of Economy), Ord och Bild 5, 2006
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Phenomenology goes to Las Vegas, in Uttryck 06, Mediateknik, Royal Institute of Technology, 2006
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib & Sá Cavalcante Schuback (editors), Marcia Inledning (Introduction) Glänta 3/05, on the theme antropophagi and Brazilian Modernism
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Mot en Postkolnial Antropofagi – Om Det Antropofigiska Manifestet, Primitivsm och den andre (i mig) (Toward a post colonial Anthropophagi – On the Anthropophagic Manifesto, Primitivism and the Other within), Glänta 3/05
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Cinnamon-roll Research. In Dokumentation Konst och Nya Media, Kungl. Konsthögskolan, Stockholm 2004.
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Om glädje, allvar och konstnärlig forskning (On Joy, Seriousness and Artistic Research) In Dokumentation Konst och Nya Media, Kungl. Konsthögskolan, Stockholm 2004
Engqvist, Jonatan Habib, Skratt och Glädje, Om skrattet och glädjens allvar utifrån den Glada Vetenskapen av Friedrich Nietzsche, (Laughter and Joy, On the Serenity of Laughter and Joy based on the Gay Science by Friedrich Nietzsche), Master Thesis (D-uppsats), Philosophy, Södertörn University College, 2004
Engqvist, Jonatan, I Tid och Otid (Om nuet) (In and Out of Time (On the Now)) Bachelor Thesis (C-uppsats), Philosophy, Södertörn University College, 2001
Online texts about World Biennal Forum No.2, Sao Paulo for E-Flux conversations and Swedish Traveling Exhibitions, 2014
No Longer Interested, Moderated online participant (in collaboration with Lars-Erik Hjerström Lappalianen) with Jim Duignan, Harrell Fletcher, Steve Lambert, Mary Mattingly and Deborah Fisher, organised by the platform for socially engaged art A Blade of Grass, New York, 2014
Articles & interviews for Bulletinen, Moderna Museets Vänner including interview with Barbara Kruger and report from Los Angeles, San Diego and Palm Springs (Friends of Moderna Museet´s quarterly), 2008
Artwork presentations for the project 50 images/ 50 bilder, Moderna Museet, 2009 (Alberto Giocometti, Annica Karlsson-Rixon, Barbara Kruger, Carolee Schneeman, Chris Burden, Dorothea Tanning, Öyvind Fahlström, Judy Chicago, Ola Pehrson, Richard Long), Moderna Museet, 2009
Artist presentations for the exhibition Play - Film & Video (Sadie Benning, Dara Birnbaum, Alexander Calder, Nathalie Djurberg, Viking Eggeling, Carin Ellberg and Catharina Lindgren-Cavallin, Fischli/Weiss, Joan Jonas, Jesper Just, William Kentridge, Bruce Nauman, Pipilotti Rist) Moderna Museet, 2009
Various articles and reviews for the magazine Kulturen
Various articles and reviews for the magazine LO-Tidningen, Kultur
Various articles published at: www.tsnok.se
Engqvist, Jonatan, Islendska Hnakka (Icelandic saddles), Södlasmidurinn EHF, Iceland, 1998
Producer of radio programs and radio-based exhibitions, for the Swedish national radio, Sveriges Radio, culture radio channel P1 and SRC, 2002 – 04, please see http://www.sr.se/src for a selection of archived material (E.g. the themes: Skogen, Familjen, Det som inte blev sagt, Nomader).
Several of the SRC programs were re-broadcasted by Centrifug Radio Populär, Konsthall C (95.3 MHz), April 2014
- Minnen av Migration – Superflex och Juan Pedro Farba Guemberena, Österängens konsthall, Jönköping, Sweden, June 2019
- Panelist and moderator in conversation with a.o. Adel Abidin, Nisrine Bouchari, Ramesh Daha, Basak Senova in conjunction to Climbing Through the Tide, Kamel Lazaar foundation (KLF) in Bhar Lazreg, B7L9, Tunis, Tunisia, June 2019
- I bäver och cylinderhatt – Åsa Jungnelius, Filippa Nilsson Kallhed, Badhotellet, Tranås, Sweden, May 2019
- Konstkritik på landsbygden, Röda Sten Konsthall, April 2019
- On Extraction and Indigenuity. Panel discussion with Säsäk Nichim Martinez Margarita, Marja Helander, Jonatan Habib Engqvist, Garbriel Mestre Arrioja. Moderated by Jacek Sosnowski. Museuo de Geología, UNAM, Mexico City, February 2019.
- Presentation of the report Art´s Agencies by Jonatan Habib Engqvist, presentation of the Norwegian Curator Association's report by Natalie Hope O'Donnel and Silja Leifsdottir followed by discussion between Marianne Hultman, Jonatan Habib Engqvist and Leif Magne Tangen, October 2018.
- Carte Blanche – film screening of Claire Denis film L’Intrus and conversation with Jean-Luc Nancy, September 2018.
- Curatorial method, lectures and talks at the Curatorial MA program, Stockholm University, Autumn 2018
- Art´s Agencies – presentation of draft of commissioned report with Nina Möntmann at the two-day seminar The Agency of Art, organised by the Nordic network of Kunsthalles, formed by the networks, Forening af Kunsthaller i Danmark, Klister, Sweden and Kunsthallerne i Norge, Office for Contemporary Art (OCA), Oslo, March 2018..
- What do curators do? Conversation with Clare Butcher, Quartair Contemporary Art Initiatives, The Hauge, February 2018.
- Así como el dinero es papel, una galería es una habitación, public talk, Casa Bosques, Mexico City, February, 2018.
- Passivitet och samtidskonst, public talk with Lars-Erik Hjerström Lappalainen, BRA 10, Konstepedimin, Gothenburg, January 2018
- The Reign of the Cats, public talk in conjunction to the opening of CrossSections – Potentials, Kunsthalle Exnergasse, Vienna, January 2018.
- Painting´s thought, lecture in conjunction to Conversations in Light and Dark, Exhibition Laboratory, KUVA, Helsinki, November 2017.
- Conversation with Sigrid Sandström, Luleå Konsthall, Luleå, October 2017.
- Nya Småland – Public talk at Samtidskonstdagarna, Kalmar Konstmuseum, September 2017
- Curating a Landscape? Public lecture followed by a panel titled Unity with Carles Guerra and Azadeh Fatehrad, RCA Fine Arts Talks, Royal Collage of Art, Gorvy Lecture Theatre, Battersea, London, April 2017
- Curating Landscapes? Public lecture at Va Independent Space for Contemporary Art, Esfahan, Iran, January 2017
- Conversation with Erla S Haraldsdottir, Hallgrimskirkja, Reykjavík, Iceland, September 2016
- Nordic Delights. Convesation with Behzad Farazollahi, Henrik Lund Jørgensen, Jane Jin Kaisen, Bella Rune and Jonatan Habib Engqvist. Oslo Kunstförening, Oslo, June 2016.
- Kanske behöver vi tänka ut konceptuella lösningar till praktiska problem? (perhaps we need conceptual solutions to practical problems) lecture at Skånes konstförening, Malmö, Feb. 2016
- Performing Work, A quasi-conversation on labor, performance, dematerialization and incorporation with Jonatan Habib Engqvist and contributions by Nina Möntmann. In conjunction to seminar Sea, Body, Infrastructure, Image, organised by Suza Husse and Hulda Rós Gudnadottír in collaboration with District (Berlin). Participants: Bryndís Björnsdóttir, Tejal Shah, Emma Haugh, Anne Hofmann, Søren Kjørup, Dafna Maimon, outside the box – Magazin für feministische Gesellschaftskritik, Nine Eglantine Yamamoto-Masson, Kunstkraftwerk, Leipzig, Jan 2015
- Public presentations and conversations in conjunction to Trading Zones - knowledge-oriented art initiatives in Africa and Europe, 5 days on knowledge oriented art practices at Le 18, Marrakech and Dar al-Ma’amûn. Initiated by curator Berit Schuck with the complicity of Le 18. Other participants included: Bonaventure Soh Bejeng Ndikung, Laila Hida, Hicham Khalidi, Imane Ibrahim, Dina Makram-Ebeid, Jasmina Metwaly & Philip Rizk, Francesca Masoero, Nina Möntmann, Bouchra Ouizguen, Lorenzo Sandoval, Tobias Zielony, November 2015
- Att se träden för all skog (seeing the trees for the forest) lecture on conceptual painting in conjunction to Erla S Haraldsdottir´s exhibition Make a Painting of Trees Growing in Forest, Kalmar Konstmuseum/Ölands Folkhögskola, Kalmar, October 2015
- Moss/Mardin – Desiphering peripheral biennial practices, Birta Gudjonsdottir, Jonatan Habib Engqvist; and Mardin Biennial curators Ferhat Ozgur, Fırat Arapoglu. Moderated by IKSV Biennial director Bige Örer, Ceyazir, Istanbul, October 2015
- Translating Landscapes and Encounters, public discussion with Ari Allansson, My Lindh, Linus Lohmann, Litten Nystrøm, Stéphanie Solinas and Malin Pettersson Öberg, Iaspis, Stockholm
- Free Radicals, conversation with Tobias Sjöberg and Gunnar Olsson Färgfabriken, Stockholm, May, 2015
- Eating Space, The Royal Institute of Fine Art, Stockholm, April 2015.
- I would rather not talk about political art, presentation within Ambiguities and Dogmas of the Real, organised by CBEES, Södertörn Universty, March 2015
- Original Copies, KUVA academy of fine art, Helsinki, December 2014
- Passivity and Contemporary Art, presentation and discussion with Lars-Erik Hjertstöm Lappalainen, Minibar Artspace, Stockholm, September 2014
- The Rise and Fall of Art Biennals, presentation and panel with Solvita Krese, Ekaterina Degot, Marieke Van Hal, Power Ekroth, Aigars Bikše, Virginija Januškevičiūtė, Ann Lislegaard and Inga Lāce. Organised by the Latvian Center for Contemporary Art, LCCA, Riga Art Space, Riga, April 2014
- Wednesday lectures: Ann Lislegaard & Jonatan Habib Engqvist, KUVA Galleria, Helsinki, Finland, April 2014
- North of Eden, two day workshop and think-tank at Dox Centre for Contemporary Art, Prague, Czech Republic, November 2013
- A History of Nordic Moving Images, and Things II. The Nordic Thing, Reykjavík Art Museum, Reykjavík, October 2013
- History – do we need it? Panel on Nordic video art, locality and authorship organised by Birta Gudjonsdottír with Margrét Elísabeth Ólofsdóttír, Jakob Lillemose, Hlynnur Hallsson, Dodda Maggý in conjunction to the first exhibition on Icelandic video art, Reykjavík Art Museum, Reykjavík, October 2013.
- A History of Nordic Moving Images, and Things, lecture, Tisch school of Design, New York University, New York, April 2013
- Nordic Outbreak Symposium organised by Tanya Toft, Associate Curator at the Streaming Museum. Panel discussion including Daniela Arriado, Minna Tarkka, Jacob Lillemose, The Scandinavia House, New York, April 2013
- Moderator, Vad gör teoretikerna med praktiken och praktiken med teorierna? (What do the theorists do with practice and what does practice do to theory?). Seminar about Artistic Research with Jonna Bornemark, Magnus Bärtås, Marta Edling, Fia Fredricson Flodin, Henrik Frisk, Maria Joansson, Maria Lantz, Jonna Lappalainen, Andreas Nobel, Barbro Smeds and Måns Wrange. Centre for Practical Knowledge, Södertörn University, March 2013
- Thinking Through Painting, public talk with Kristina Bength, Magnus af Petersens, Jan Rydén, Sigrid Sandström, Moderna Museet, August 2012
- Moderator, Art and Society as Material, Åsa Andersson Broms, Johanna Gustafson Fürst, Stefan Rusu, Nomeda & Gediminas Urbonas, The Romanian Cultural Institute/Moderna Museet, August 2012
- Dependent Systems, lecture, Part of the Art Project TALK, Hafnarhusid Reykjavík Art Museum, Reykjavik, June 2012
- Panora, lecture at the National Gallery of Iceland, Reykjavik, March 2012
- Vem går till Konsthistorien - Genus och samlande, Gothenburg University/Göteborgs Konsthall, panelist, April 2011 (Ingemar P Arnesson, Linda Fagerström, Jonathan Habib Engqvist, Annica Karlsson Rixon, Kajsa Widegren)
- Non-disciplinary approaches in artistic research, The artist as professional amateur, Finnish Society for Aesthetics, Helsinki, Finland, April, 2010
- Informalities, lecture at KRVIA, (Kamla Raheja Vidyanidhi Institute of Architecture and Environmental Studies) Mumbai, India, November 2009
- Long Live Degenerate art! (lecture and panel with Boris Groys, Meena Alexander, David Joselit, Laura Wexler), Power of Art conference organized by artist Warren Niedich, The Drawing Center, New York, June 2009
- Evil Gifts? On Bataille, Groys and Terror Economy, The Nordic Network for Avant-garde Studies 4th annual Conference, Reykjavík, Iceland, Sept. 2007
- Limits and Transgression, Modern Sexuality and the Death of God in Foucault and Bataille, presented at the PhD-course/conference Phenomenology of Eroticism at Södertörn University College, Aug 2007
- Actively Forgetting: Untimely Meditations on a Misspent Portrait, Invited speaker to the Arsenele of the 52nd Biennale di Venizia – Pensa con i sensi – Senta con la mente. L´Arte al Presente (Biannual of Venice- Think with the senses –Feel with the Mind. Art in the Present Tense), Venice, Italy. Off-site presentation related to the Australian artist Christian Capurro and his piece Another Misspent Portait of Eteinne de Silouette in Sala del Capitolo dei Domenicani, Cheisa San Nicolò, Treviso, Italy, June 2007.
- Active Forgetting - Nietzche´s 2nd Untimely Meditation, the river Lethe and Derrida´s Epróns, at Filosofidagarna 2007, Umeå University, June 2007
- Necropolitics as Exit in Contemporary Colonial Situations at Exit, Umeå University, January 2007
- Errorism – Hackers and Deconstruction at the Article Biannual for Electronic and Unstable Media, Stavanger, Norway, November 2006
- The Necropolitical and the Aesthetics of Martyrdom, at Aesthetics and Politics, Södertörn University College November 2006.
- On The Lightness of Spirit at a Finnish-Swedish Phenomenological workshop on the theme Phenomenology of Spirit, University of Helsinki, October 2006
- Syntax (T)error at the , International Association for Philosophy and Literature (IAPL) – in the organized session Fascinated by Terror (org. by Susanne Lindberg) Between Three, Media-Art-Philosophy, IAPL, Freiberg, Germany, June 2006
- Double and Second Nature at the 4th Nordic Conference of Phenomenology, University of Iceland, Iceland, April 2006
- Techno-phobia, Xenophobia, Anonymity - on hospitality, Swedish-Finnish Derrida workshop, Södertörn University College, Nov. 2005
- A remark on Fear and the Ethics of Technology, Filosofidagarna, Uppsala University, June 2005
- Foucault, Fear and Technology at the 3rd Nordic Conference of Phenomenology, University of Bergen, Norway, April 2005